Thursday 30 December 2010

2011......were almost up to our necks in it and its gonna be a pleasure ;)

I'll start by wishing anyone reading a belter of a new year, if your the sort to depend on 'luck' then i wish you as much as you can fit in your pockets, the go-getters and realists are 'grabbers' so to get anywhere ill advise to get with the g's (go-getter & grabbers) and dump the lucky wishes cos we grabbers are getting it all and feeling guilty for ya ;)

Ha, back to the real reason for this blog post and thats to put a few people to right on a few things, ive been an artist over 25 yrs and most of its been soaking in criticism like a sponge, to do this you have to take criticism in a constructive manner, basically an artist will not criticise without thinking first as he know miswording can lead to misinterpretation. Someone who appreciates art but is not an artist themselves does not know the techniques of the work theyre commennting on so their remarks have to be taken lightly but STILL taken as serious as the artists, they just need sifting thru for the true meaning ;)
But to recieve criticism from another artist, who is in my eyes better than me but as all artist do.....was shitty!! I linked 2 users of facebook and myspace together tho as ive recieved the same worded mail over myspace as well as facebook inbox as well as in chat.
A common problem artists have is we beat ourselves up over imperfections cos we work too close to our own work and see the faults in micro vision cos were inches away from the paper or skin.
Myself, ive seen this been used to all sorts of advantages and disadvantages for artists in all trades, music, painting/drawing, tattooing, printing, computer graphic design.....
I'll ask for an opinion and value it for what it is, sit and dwell on it till ive read between the lines, watched it break down into other ways of thinking of it read it back morning, noon and night to get all sorts or ways and perceptions of how to take it, when ive taken the positive parts from it ill pick the bones from it and see how to rebuild it in my own way.

Lately ive had critism of the negative sort, ive ignored it but when i spotted the spelling mistakes between myspace and facebook and the regularity this user ('prick...is what we'll call him till i hear a change).
To pull or pick at someones work and NOT tell them the remedy or even have a comparison to show how you mean is negative cos its just putting the artists capability down, i just take that as a problem THEY have and want me to show em how its done so they can learn how another approaches it, its not the sorta person i waste my breath on so have given up rising to their comments in reply or even practise, simply thank them for any advise given without telling what id learnt, just asking if they can see any change.......if i havent used their advice i can usually tell by the reply IF THEY know WHY theyre even criticising me ;)

Please dont stop criticising tho cos whether you think its all good or all bad ill always work my way thru it and pick out the best, i can pick the bones from a fart so finding a needle in a haystack isnt as hard as it sounds ;)
The helpful sort have helped me more than i can ever put into words so neeeeed that criticism, the hating sort help me keep my feet on the ground and make my wording a bit more single tracked as possible, they help me keep any criticle comments i make followed up with something positive to help with the problem i 'see' as being apparent!
Without all angles i might start believing my work doesnt need looking at, when im the best ill sit back and disregard my critics, till then i got a lifetime of learning to catch up with the greats, they wouldnt be so great if they didnt improve with every year that passes.

To believe im anywhere close to being in the best 1% of tattooists is beyond crazy, im a bit of dew on the laf that fkats in the big pond they call the art industry, but glad you found me. Means a lot to me but think....... How do you notice me among so many......and HOW do you find time to find such faults?? Lol, enjoy either way.
On a personal note to the ritic id like to say.......
Took me 20 mins to put my opinion across, must take hrs of hating to bother with me tho, use that energy to look thru your sketches see if you can make something good out of one or two, mine are always half done cos i can see so much from an unfinished sketch than a final, makes sense to me, yours look like you lost our way and gave in, which id never do without having a 'new and improved' view beside it ;)
Some of my sketches look raw and 'sketchy' but i like em like that, look thru and you may see a newer scan which shows the changes, hehe....you dont SEE that far tho do ya, your too angry hehe, love THAT, it gives me energy....energy you should be craving ;)

Also the reason ive taken to usin blogspots to post my opinions is so i can get my words out in over '256 characters' before the convo gets diluted or changes track......;)

Gmail accounts, are the way forward!!!!



- BlogPress from blogspot @ http://no1inkspots.blogspot.com/
Ranted by MickMog using BlogPress on iPad, have a nice day :)x

Location:The ink spot, 20 deardengate, Rossendale, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment