Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas break

Merry Christmas to everyone I know and all the best for the year ahead.

Its gotta be said the end of this years marked some changes which are going to make the running of the shop a breeze compared to previous years, new ways of thinking have taken a load of pressure from my work and made it as enjoyable as I could ever have hoped. Up until recently ive lacked the self confidence as well as my customers confidence to do walk ins or impulsive tattoos which has turned my love of tattooing into a 'job'.

This is something ive always avoided cos art is my release and when it becomes a 'job' or chore it loses its worth. I don't paint, draw or tattoo for monetary value but because i have to or i feel trapped inside of my own thoughts. Tattooing is sharing my thoughts in a more personal and permanent manner than any other art form ive ever gotten involved in.

Recently ive been doing quite a lot of freehand tattoos and mixing techniques id normally use in painting/drawing in with techniques used in tattooing to find they work better than I could have hoped for, i feel more comfortable tattooing this way than I have done in years and it shows.

Meeting other likeminded artists is something else i need to concentrate in 2011 too and cut the ties i have with the shop, start getting out a bit more when I have the time rather than sitting in hope that the next customer with an exciting idea is about to walk in, I need to be out there mingling with people who can show me how to improve my artwork so i can bring that into my tattooing too :)

Hope to be seeing you soon, maybe even pop in for a brew if you fancy showing me how you do things :D



- BlogPress from MickMogs iPad

Location:Park St,,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment