Thursday 27 January 2011

Hello my beautiful, living, breathing sketchpads ;)

Hope you don't mind me calling you a "sketchpad" but if you got skin...and your living and breathing.....you're beautiful!!
I shoulda started with 'goodnite' seeing as it's 1am and I've just finished my quota for the day, not much tattoo work been going on but I always have quiet time around Christmas so manage to get a it more sketching and doodlin done then so the spare time serves me well later on when someone asks for something similar to what I sketched up in winter :)
I've spent a few confusing hours setting the shop security system up, basically a digital camera plugged into the shop 'puter and set to record with a motion detector setting, for an hr I stood in front of the camera wondering HOW to stop getting the emails forwarded to my fone, before realising I was stood in front f the camera setting it off, another solution would hav been to turn around and press "stop recording" on the computer ;)
I've had to go to extreme lengths with it since the police have taken on an "on the fly" decision making policy on whether "a burglar shitting in your shop/home" was criminal enough to follow thru (pardon the pun).
When I was told this by the shopkeeper himself I felt gutted for him and defenceless fr myself so I've set my own up.
I can now view my camera on my iPad at home, this is about 5pm when I'd just got home and decided to check it out on ipad.



That's my son in the doorway coming back from doing my paper recycling while I was at home checking how well it worked, goooood boy!!! :)


And the pic below is just after joes locked the shop up and ready to pull the shutter down.




The law states to have video surveillance I need to advertise it openly or it's not admissible in court!!!...so thieves can find a workaround???? Nahhh I've got it set up so I'm notified by text and email, and if some clever thief decides to steal the computer to hack my email account to delete them, he won't get to my FTPs account where the files are sent every 30 seconds so theyll have to be quicker than your average alarm to disconnect me ;)
I don't want to press charges if anyone steals from me, I want to press paving slabs on pillows!

Luckily it's a handheld digicam rather than a webcam so it's hi resolution and can see a range of shops within range of the motion detector so hopefully a webcast will make a few others feel secure without the worry of their shops being open to burglars ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment